Winter ReadinessJanuary 3, 2016
Winter was a little slow in coming this year, but it’s finally here! We want to help you prepare for the chilly season by providing you the following resources and tips to manage your electricity usage and costs while staying cozy and warm this winter.
TAKE A QUICK MINUTE TO …
- UPDATE your high price alert settings on the *NEW and EASY* Manage Your Preferences page on the Power Smart Pricing website.
- DOWNLOAD the mobile PSP app to track hourly prices and your savings information.
- FOLLOW @PowerSmart on Twitter to receive the high and low price of the day.
- LOOK at the Winter Pricing Pattern to manage your electricity use this winter.
- SIGN-UP for Ameren’s Budget Billing option to level out your monthly payments.
FOLLOW THESE TIPS:
- While home, keep the thermostat around 68° to maintain the best balance between comfort and energy savings.
- Replace furnace filters once a month or as needed. Dirty filters will slow air flow and make your furnace work harder to keep your home warm.
- Install a programmable thermostat so you can automatically adjust your usage to the typical winter pricing pattern.
- Use ceiling fans to mix the rising warm air with the lower cool air.
- Take advantage of warmth from the sun’s rays by opening the curtains on south-facing windows during the day. Close curtains at night to keep the warmth inside.
- Reduce drafts around doors and windows with weatherstripping, window insulator kits or draft stoppers.
- Consider investing in whole home air sealing and insulation. Air leaks can account for as much as 40 percent of a home’s energy loss.
Take advantage of Ameren Illinois’ energy efficiency program discounts and incentives. Go to AmerenIllinois.com/Programs or call 1-866-838-6918 to learn more.
Click here to download the 2016 Winter Readiness tips.