Summer Savings GuideJune 18, 2018
Grab your sunscreen and beach towels – summer is finally here! Take a moment to prepare yourself and your home to maximize your savings this summer.
Reduce energy usage on weekdays between the hours of 1 p.m. and 5 p.m..
Pre-Cooling: Your Biggest Savings Opportunity
Run your air conditioner to make your home extra cool during nights and early mornings when prices tend to be lower. It will stay cool the next day so you won’t need to use your air conditioner in the afternoon when prices are typically higher.
More Tools and Tips to Help You Save This Summer
- Keep your alert preferences updated and you’ll never miss an opportunity to reduce your usage. Visit PowerSmartPricing.org/preferences or call 1-877-655-6028 to update your notification preferences today.
- Use your microwave or outdoor grill instead of the oven or stove. You’ll use less energy and avoid heating your home unnecessarily.
- Set your ceiling fans to spin counter-clockwise to help you save. Air circulating through your home helps you feel cool even if it’s hot outside.
- Close your curtains and blinds to keep sunlight from heating your home during the day. Open windows at night for free, natural ventilation.
- Remember, you can always check day-ahead prices at PowerSmartPricing.org/prices.
- Check out the Power Smart Pricing Facebook page to connect with us and get new tips every other Friday!
- Follow us on Twitter @PowerSmart to get the high and low prices of the day.
From all of us at the Power Smart Pricing team, stay cool and enjoy your summer!
Click here to download the 2018 Summer Savings Guide.